Location of the Gîte Les Alix
The cottage is located in Sarlat itself, 5 minutes from the city center by car, close to roads serving all the sights of Black Périgord and Lot.
You will be able to organise a number of visits to Sarlat:
– Visits of Sarlat : visits to be made in family or between friends to discover our beautiful medieval city and its classified historical heritage.
– The church of Sainte Marie (12th century): listed as a historical monument and restored as a covered market by the architect Jean Nouvel in 2001, offers you, in addition to its stalls of local products, a spectacular steel door 15 metres high.
– The panoramic lift : located in the church of Saint Mary, it offers a panoramic view of Sarlat.
– Special visits for children : during which children will discover the heritage and be able to solve riddles.
You can also discover our beautiful region and its magnificent sites, such as :
- Castle of Beynac
- Castle Garden Milandes
- Castle of Castelnaud La Chapelle
- Fenelon CastleGardens of Marqueyssac
- Gardens of Eyrignac
- Lascaux caves
Many activities are also proposed locally:
- Guided tours of Sarlat
- Squirrel Forest (Forêt des Écureuils) : tree climbing park
- Via ferrata
- Bicycle rentals
- Ballads in gabarres
- Canoë ride
- Barge ride
The Sarlat market is held on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Every day of the week, farmers’ markets take place in the surrounding villages. In the afternoon, gourmet markets allow you to discover the flavors of the region.
Many restaurants and farms – hostels offer local cuisine with local and bio products.